The golden rule to any investment property renovation is to know your market and set a budget. You’re renovating the property directly for returns and tenant appeal, not your personal preference. There are certain things that will increase appeal and return but won’t break the bank – here is a list.
It’s also important to research the depreciation incentives available before you start your reno work. A BMT tax depreciation schedule is a must for any rental property.
1. Wash the walls and repaint them
2. Put up new blinds/curtains
3. Improve storage with built-in wardrobes
4. Install new door handles
5. Create bright areas with new LED lighting
6. Change the floor coverings including new carpet and or floating floors
7. Add air-conditioning
8. Update security
9. Tidy gardens and lawns
Please contact our Property Management Team if you need some more details
02 4295 1550
8/32 Addison Street, Shellharbour